An assortment of branding assets, including a logo, for a tricentennial celebration marathon for Natchez, Mississippi.
Natchez, Mississippi celebrated its tricentennial birthday with several days of marathons and fun runs in November 2016. The Natchez marathons were produced by The Slow Polks, a marathon production agency.
I began with a logo design. The logo is inspired by the colors of fall and water, by wing feathers to symbolize the runners, and each of the three feathers symbolizes one-hundred years. The typeface was chosen because it evoked a classical, refined mood.
The marathon and fun run days required an assortment of visual collateral in celebration of the city’s birthday. I provided design files which were produced by several print vendors.
Design assets included:
- Runners’ Bibs. These display race information and the runner’s number.
- Directional Signs. Guiding runners and observers along the path of the race and any foks in the route.
- Historic Markers. Runners and observers can learn about historic points along the race route.
- Social Graphics for social media promotion.
- Race Medals. Custom designed and produced race medals were awarded to entrants who met certain race time and distance metrics.
- Race Flyer. Posted through out the city of Natchez, Mississippi to ensure that all residents knew of their opportunity to participate.
- T-shirts. Given away as memorial promotional items to all participants and available for sale to non-participants.